Friday, August 24, 2012

The Excursion Compilation


The Excursion Compilation was released in 1996 as a showcase of the bands that were then being released by the Excursion Records label. The record is basically split into two parts: the first half consisting the of poppier punk stuff and then the second half which contains all of the hardcore bands. A perfect snapshot of not-so-long ago era, this comp. serves as a fantastic reminder of the burgeoning and multifaceted local scene of the mid 90's.

The Excursion Compilation (with sleeve and insert scans)

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap... this is a major blast to the past. I've almost completely forgotten about the Matt Matsuoka band! Thank you for putting this stuff up here! Does anyone here remember a short lived eastside noise band called "Black Japan"? They were around in the early early 2000's, and maybe were together a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember Black Japan. I remember hearing about them, probably from a review in The Stranger that said something like "First up was Black Japan who cleared the place out with their mind warping noise" so of course I had to check them out. I don't have any of their releases though but if I ever come across any I'll be sure to post them. Thanks for the comment, feedback makes this all worth while

    ReplyDelete