Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Prom - In This Way They Found Me


This is a follow up to a post I did a while back on The Prom. I'd originally asked if anyone had access to a copy of their first album, as I'd lost my copy years ago. Well, no one had it but I ended up finding a copy, so here it is - In This Way They Found Me. Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for a synth (blame it on my love for Gary Numan, The Rentals & 80's new wave in general) & that's probably why I like this album a little bit more than Under the Same Stars. It has the same quirky piano-laden ballads you'd expect if you've heard their 2nd album, but it's also got some great analog synths pulsing through a few of the tracks. Dig it

In This Way They Found Me

1 comment:

  1. I have this Prom album...It's vaguely memorable but far from a masterpiece...reminds me of college when it was released... i bought it shortly after it came out and listened to it a few times, and haven't really come back to it since...today, nearly ten years later, I just popped it in for shits and giggles...it survived my 20's, unlike most of my cd's...anyway, I am revisiting it...It's been many years since I've listened to this disc...so much art is lost to obscurity...May 3.5 stars out of 5 in my mind.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete